Our “No Gap” policy means that if your private Health Insurance pays the full benefit for the following general and preventative dental treatment, we will not charge you a “gap” amount. which is, the difference between the cost of your treatment, and the insurance rebate received.
Our “No Gap” treatments include:
- Check ups/consultations
- Scale and cleans
- X-rays (inc OPG X-Rays)
Our No Gaps Policy expands to patients who meet these conditions on the day of treatment:
- You are covered for dental on the day of your treatment
- You have your current, valid health fund card with you on the day*
- You have not exceeded your fund’s benefit limit for the current period, and thus a full benefit is received for each treatment item**
**In this context, “full benefit” does not mean 100% of the cost of treatment; it is the full amount that your health fund would have typically contributed.
Restrictions may include:
* You have reached your health fund limit (If you reach your health fund limit, the claim will state “limit reached”)
* That You are overdue on payment to your health fund premiums
* That You are not eligible for a benefit amount on an item
If any of our above conditions have NOT been met, you will be required to pay in full on the day of treatment.
The patient (or for a minor, their legal guardian) has the responsibility to advise the surgery and your dentist about any changes to your personal details and medical health details, respectively. If further information is needed on your medical health details, you are obliged to provide us with permission to contact your general practitioner.
The patient (or for a minor, their legal guardian) agrees to assume all financial responsibility for all treatment rendered, and accepts that full payment is required on the day of treatment. The patient (or for a minor, their legal guardian) agrees to cover all costs incurred to recover any outstanding debt of which they are responsible, including debt collectors and legal fees.
Any patient under the age of 18 must have a consenting adult with them on the day of treatment.
We exercise the right to decline treatment to any patient that does not comply to the practice policies, including that mentioned above, or any patient who is rude, unruly or violent when speaking to our staff over the phone, or whilst on our premises.